Dental Implants: How To Regain Your Confidence
Missing teeth can cause a variety of problems for your oral health, including bone loss, shifting teeth, and even gum disease. And along with the fact that one or more extractions can cause aesthetic problems, tooth loss can also impact your ability to eat and speak properly. Thankfully, dental implants can help.
What are dental implants and how can they benefit my oral health?
Dental implants are small titanium posts that are inserted into your jawbone to serve as replacement tooth roots. Once anchored in place, they allow your dentist to attach new teeth to the implants, giving you a natural-looking and feeling smile.
There are many benefits of dental implants, including:
- Preservation of healthy bone: Traditional tooth replacements, like dentures, can actually cause bone loss in the jaw. Dental implants, on the other hand, help to preserve and even stimulate bone growth.
- Improved oral health: Unlike dentures or bridges, dental implants don’t rely on surrounding teeth for support. This means that there is no need to alter healthy teeth in any way.
- Increased comfort: Dental implants look and feel just like your natural teeth, so you can eat and speak with confidence. They also eliminate the need for messy adhesives.
- Improved appearance: Dental implants are designed to match your natural teeth, so they blend in seamlessly with your smile.
- Longevity: With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
Am I a candidate for dental implants?
The best way to determine if you are a candidate for dental implants is to schedule a consultation with our team. In general, however, candidates for dental implants should:
- Be over the age of 18
- Have healthy gums
- Have adequate bone density in the jaw
- Be willing to commit to proper oral hygiene and regular dental visits.
If you are missing one or more teeth, dental implants may be the ideal solution for you. Contact Joseph M. Boesch, DDS Dental Care in Rockville today to learn more about this life-changing procedure!
Contact Us About Dental Implants Today
- Benefit from restorations that look and feel like your natural teeth
- Experience a secure and stable tooth-replacement option
- Prevent shifting in the teeth that surround an extraction site
- Enjoy a long-term solution that can last for decades with proper care
- Restore your laughing, speaking, and smiling confidence!