Visit Your Dentist For Sleep Apnea Treatment?
If you experience sleep apnea, you know that this sleep disorder can cause chronic headaches, daytime fatigue, and a series of other issues. What you may not realize is that there are several treatment options to help sufferers get the rest they need, including custom-made oral appliances.
Interested in learning more? Call our team at Joseph M. Boesch, DDS Dental Care in Rockville today!
What is sleep apnea and what causes it?
There are three forms of sleep apnea: obstructive, central, and mixed. Obstructive sleep apnea is the most common type and happens when the muscles in the back of a patient’s throat relax and block the airway. Central sleep apnea occurs when a patient’s brain doesn’t send proper signals to the muscles that control their breathing, and mixed sleep apnea is a combination of the two disorders.
How can we help treat sleep apnea?
At Joseph M. Boesch, DDS Dental Care, we know that oral appliance therapy as a treatment for mild to moderate cases of obstructive sleep apnea can provide many patients with the sleep they need to feel their best. With a custom-fitted oral appliance that’s worn while a patient sleeps, the patient’s tongue and jaw are held forward, preventing relaxed muscles from blocking their airway.
What benefits do these devices offer?
There are a number of benefits, including:
- These devices are customized to fit each patient’s mouth and they don’t interfere with their sleep.
- Because they’re easy to care for and clean, these devices don’t require special maintenance or upkeep.
- Small, portable, and convenient, these devices can be easily taken with you when you travel.
Are you curious about whether a customized oral device might be right for you? Call us today to schedule a consultation!
Contact Us About Sleep Apnea Treatment Today
- Receive a thorough examination of your symptoms
- Benefit from a custom-made oral appliance that can help you get the sleep you need
- Minimize sleepiness and headaches that are commonly associated with this condition
- Sleep deeply and restfully with a comfortable device
- Prioritize your health!